Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sincere and pure devotion

Ray Ortlund talks about his recent visit to The Cove in Asheville – at the Billy Graham Training Center.

The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville (via)
"I wish you could have been there with us in the green room, as we gathered before each service. I saw no ego at all. They were relaxed friends, enjoying one another. But there was more. I saw a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For example, as they were discussing the music, now and then Cliff would spontaneously break out in song, and everyone would join in, right there in the planning session. I saw no distinction between planning the worship and worshiping. It was beautiful. It was heartfelt. It was real. I saw Cliff, with zero affectation, speak about his Lord with emotion breaking his voice. I saw the members of the team speak to and about one another with tears in their eyes. I saw biblical Christianity – a sincere and pure devotion to Christ flowing and overflowing."

Read the rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment